POLARIS OFFICE Corp. (hereinafter “Company”) always puts its best efforts to protect the personal information of its users. The Company considers the protection of personal information saved under the Polaris Office Service (known as service) as a significant necessity.
1. Personal Information Collection Items and Means of Collection
The Company collects and saves information to provide better service to the users.
① Information provided by users.
The Company collects information from members when they register for membership.
- Collected Information (Required) : Name, email address, company name, and password.
- Collected Information (Optional) : Phone number, cellular phone number (such as carrier, model name and device-specific information), and additional profile photos
② Information collected during use of service
- Collect information on user contact information, device information (mobile, computer), type and version of OS, type of browser, service utilization record, IP address, cookie, nation, language, program installation, operation of major functions, and basic data on usage.
- Collect information about the files and the contents of the files in user storage of Polaris Office Service. This information is only for the service which user has chosen to adopt in, and not used for any other service or for anyone other than the user or provided to any other party.
③ It may be necessary to collect transaction information during optional payment processes. Information would include but is not limited to credit card information, billing address, and other related information.
④ Access to user’s information.
- When the user allows access to their contact information within Polaris Office, Polaris Office saves the contact information on the Polaris Office server for the user to utilize contacts during usage of Polaris Office. Contact information is only used under the purpose of sharing files, sending emails, or inviting others to Polaris Office.
- When the user allows access to the information in their account of Google and Facebook or any service provider within Polaris Office, Polaris Office saves the information on the Polaris Office server for the user to utilize the information during usage of Polaris Office.
2. Purpose of Utilizing Personal Information
The Company only utilizes user’s personal information as it is referred below. If the purpose of using personal information changes, the Company will request the user’s consent in advance.
① User information will be used for the registration and creation of accounts.
② Identify authorized users and prevent dishonest use by unauthorized users and unauthorized utilization.
③ To provide a promised service to the users and settle fares in the event a user makes a purchase or uses charged services.
④ When a user shares documents, or has documents shared with them in an individual or group capacity, account information including, but not limited to, nickname, email, or Polaris Office profile picture will be shown to all users involved in that sharing instance.
⑤ To provide various services of Polaris Office to users and disseminate a notification after dealing with matters of inquiry and processing complaints requested during use of the services.
⑥ The Company may provide product and promotion information such as a market event, and advertising event information to users who agreed when register for membership. Information are used when developing new service, delivering promotion information such as a market event, and advertising. Users may login to Polaris Office account and visit Account settings > Account settings > Email Notifications to change messaging subscription status.
⑦ User behavior may be monitored to gather data by analyzing patterns, frequency of access, and use of service for future reference to improve service and development of new services.
3. Provision of Personal Information to others
The Company will only use personal information of users within a scope mentioned under the section entitled "Purpose of Utilizing Personal Information," and moreover, in principle, the Company does not disclose personal information. However, below references are exceptions.
① Agreement made by the users in advance
- Although users have agreed to certain uses of personal information, the Company will give prior notice and request consent from users explicitly and individually regarding details of the information’s use including but not limited to the recipient(s) of the personal information, usage and types of information provided, and the period of possession and usage of the provided information.
② Special instances where government agency requests personal information for an investigation purpose in accordance with applicable law.
4. Correction of Personal Information and Cancellation
① Users may always either read or edit their registered personal information. Users can directly read and edit personal information by clicking "Account Settings."
② Users may always rescind their agreement to terms regarding any information provided as specified under the sections regarding personal information collection, utilization, and provisional clauses. By clicking "Membership Cancellation," users can remove all of their personal information. Furthermore, users can cancel their membership by contacting the Personal Information Management team for their cancellation via written notice, telephone, or e-mail at the Contact Information set forth below. The Company will do everything to the best of their ability to help the users. The Company will send a notification to the users who take actions such as cancellation and annulment of a contract without delay.
5. Period of Possession and Utilization of Personal Information
The Company restrictedly utilizes users' personal information while providing a service once registration is completed. The personal information will be eliminated without delay if (i) users request a cancellation of an agreement of personal information collection and utilization; (ii) when the purpose of collections and utilizations is accomplished; or (iii) the period of utilization is terminated.
6. Procedures and Measures of Personal Information Deletion
In principle, the personal information of users will be deleted without delay once the purpose of personal information collection and utilization is achieved.
The procedures and measures of personal information deletion are as follows:
A. Information provided by users for the registrations will be deleted after being saved for a certain time based on information protection reasons (refer to periods of possession and utilization) in accordance with Company policies and other applicable law by moving to the special DB (special cabinets for paper documents) after accomplishing the purposes.
B. Personal information of users will not be used for purposes other than ones mentioned unless required by applicable law.
A. Paper documents will be shredded by a grinder or incinerated.
B. Personal Information saved as electronic files will be deleted by using tactical measures thus the electronic files will be irreproducible.
7. Customer services transferred to a third party
Customer service is entrusted to a third party company to ensure the quality and promptness of all customer support related issues.
Outlined below are all the necessary security precautions we have taken and agreed upon with the third party with regard to user data.
Third party Customer Support and their purpose
Third party: YD Online, Corp.
Purpose: To provide better and more prompt Customer Support and Fraud Prevention.
Information provided: Polaris Office User IDs, user email addresses used to contact customer care website for follow up purposes only.
Period of possession of information: Duration of the third party service contract or until the user terminates use of the Polaris Office service.
8. Children and Protection Policy(Minor or Under Age User Policy)
The service is not to be used by children under the age of a full 14 years old. The Company will not gather personal information from children under 14 years old. The Company will take actions to delete information if the Company discovers that it has collected personal information from a user under the age of 14.
9. Change of Personal Information Outsourcing Policy
The Company makes great efforts to protect information from illegal access, change, exposure, or deletion.
Passwords are mandated to access user data for the service, and sensitive data (e.g., credit card information) input for payment of premium services will be encrypted by SSL.
Nevertheless, it is not guaranteed that the information sent to others by your choice are 100% safe because the cable and wireless internet does not provide 100% safe conditions. Accordingly, despite the security procedures implemented by the Company, there is a possibility of information being accessed, exposed, changed, or damaged because of one of physical, technical, or management safety devices are destroyed or have been compromised.
11. Installation/Employment of Automated Personal Information Collection Equipment and Refusal
A. The Company uses "Cookies" which save and bring out user information in order to provide personalized and customized services.
B. Cookies are diminutive text files - sent to the user’s browser from the servers operated by the websites - saved on the user’s computer hard-disc. So, if the users visit websites, the websites' servers read data under Cookies, saved in users' hard-disc, to maintain users' environment settings and provide customized services.
C. The users can always delete or deny saving cookies since cookies do not collect information that identifies individuals either automatically or actively.
② Purpose of using Cookies
The Company provides a faster web environment to the users by saving settings preferred by users via cookies and utilizes cookies for service improvement for the purpose of convenience. Because of this, users are able to use the service more easily. In addition, the cookies allow the Company to provide a personal customized service including advertisement by understanding the records of users' website visits, patterns, and interests.
③ Refusal and Saving of Cookies
A. Users have the right to allow or deny saving cookies. Therefore, users can either allow the use of all cookies by setting different options through web-browsers, continuously check when cookies are saved, or deny the use of all cookies.
B. However, if users deny saving Cookies, they may experience significant inconveniences and additionally, some limitations of services that requiring log-in permissions.
C. The following directions will give a guidance to designate allowance of Cookie installation.
- Internet Explorer: Tool Menu on upper side of web-browser > Internet Option > Personal Information > Setting
- Chrome: Selection Menu on right side of web-browser > Selection of Extended Setting on bottom of screen (wording may differ) > Personal Information Contents Selection Button > Cookie
12. Do Not Track
POLARIS OFFICE Corp. does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provi0de targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
13. Customer Service on Privacy
If you have any questions or need assistance with the protection of personal information or require customer support, please contact the person designated below.
▶ Personal Information Representative
- Contact: Brent J. Kim
- Email: email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns or questions regarding Privacy issues.
14. Contact Information
For any inquiries or comments regarding our Personal Information Policy, please send an email to:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Notification: August 31, 2016
Date of Enforcement: August 31, 2016